Pages

Labels

Saturday 14 September 2013

A little work process insight.

There's so many times I take screen shots meaning to share a bit of my process... and just never get round to compiling them and showing ye! So I'm just going to post it right now. 
I'm currently outlining the pencils for my TMNT poster, and for this I've opted for illustrator. I did this because I work with a set of custom brushes, some I make up on the go. This gives me the decided effect I want. I have 3-4 that are my go to. I make them plotting out vector points and my main aim of creating them is to achieve more of an inking I'd do by hand.. but in one stroke with the brush tool.



I'ts a great method to try in illustrator. What I will say is do not get upset if you don't get your strokes perfect. There is a lot of room for what some call 'happy errors'. Also when it comes to over lapping lines or 'overshooting' you can amend these if you were to say use the live paint tool at the end so you can then delete different overlaps and lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment