Pages

Labels

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Blackmoon Enta Da Stage re edit


At some point last year I set a project for myself; to recreate album artwork of hiphop albums that stand out to me for one reason or the other.

Blackmoon's Enta da Stage is listed in my top 5 hiphop albums. It speak about the era, the productions by Evil Dee are amazing and the lyrical strength of Buckshot and 5ft was grandeur. Their follow up, Diggin' in da Vaults which was packed with wpic remixes is definitely one to listen too as wel, some of the remixes I prefer over the originals. Evil Dee is a genius in general!

Drawn in inks I used 2 pens, a classic italic calligraphy pen and one that I made myself out of a wooden chopstick!

The colours have been started but a few tweaks to complete so will definitely post up at some point once I get these freelance projects out of the way.

1 comment: