Pages

Labels

Tuesday 4 July 2017

Pure Savage

Well this is a late pst and piece from April, but I'm catching up!!
I generally pride myself on designing my own characters and painting my own characters. That's just where my mind is at. But obviously like any artist I have influences that I draw upon daily. So in regards to the question that I get asked many a times being "Who influences you?", out of many comic artist Joe Vriens is one of them. His style and energy in his work is vivacious. I really admire the weight on his characters, and his grasp for muscular anatomy, combined with the use of shadows to draw out the bulkiness of his characters.

P.S is one of my crews and I like doing crew pieces every now and then, but I figured a great way of combing a character of this weight into the letters.



No comments:

Post a Comment