Pages

Labels

Thursday 18 April 2013

Save Southbank skatepark

This is something dear to my heart, so I ask anyone who can support to do so.
Lambeth Council want to close down/ relocate this classic spot to build new retail ventures. I'm guessing this is to increase revenue in the area.

Southbank for a couple of decades, maybe an extra, has been a haven for skaters. It's the one skate park that really represented a street spot in London. I started skating here back in 2002. I used to go on night skates with a few of the skaters that brought me up in the scene. A night skate would usually include Shell Centre (Shutdown), Shallow Banks (shutdown),  Southbank, and then maybe Nightrider Courts.

Back then the Southbank spot was longer, behind the wooden boards is the rest of it, 2 small banks/ or a drop depending how you use it, a slope, and plenty of flat space.

There are skate spots in different cities of the world that are a must hit if you get to the cities and Southbank is the one for London. For a council to ignore this is disgusting.
Please sign the petition, help keep this location.






 photo IMG_3355.jpg  photo SBankDub.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment