Pages

Labels

Thursday 14 March 2013

Kush Clouds- The finals








I neglected to post this up.
Thanks for every one that followed the progress of this project.

For those who are new to my work/blog/ this particular project, the Kush Clouds series were prints created by myself inline with the Chain Gang exhibition in January.
One thing [of many] that I failed to concentrate on was drawing good smoke. So I really wanted to create a project that would include these studies.
I decided to couple this with my enthusiasm to drawing women, but I wanted to express my cultural influences within this. Influences of the Caribbean and African style has drawn me into focusing on cultural identity within a group or tribe. We generally all associate ourselves with a group of piers, this influences our style, the way we make our selves up, the way we pose. This is where the tribal markings and facial decor have come into play. For a while I've been focusing on this.

So anywho there's the blurb, feel free to let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much my friend :) And thank you for your support over the time

      Delete
  2. are u selling any of these pictures i wanna use one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jaleah. There are a few more prints left. In what way do you mean you would like to use one?
    Send me an email at jebasmind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete