Pages

Labels

Tuesday 4 December 2012

New prints of haze






For the last month or so I've been working on a batch of prints for an upcoming exhibition. We all know smoking is bad for your health, very harmful. There is also a cool stigma too the habit, with great photography work exemplifying the poses, mood and attitude of the subject.
Using references I have concentrated on sketching woman, adorning each with tribal markings and jewelry akin to different cultures. It's no secret that I like drawing women!

But two things I have never felt completely satisfied with my approach too,  is drawing good smoke and creating good texture in my images. So a main concentration in this project are attacking those two things to subjects. This started with a painting I did in the summer, and another illustration of some complex smoke clouds, which I will post up soon. More updates on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment